Work with extraordinary people
Let us know who you are, contact us today!
Join us here at Skillings Connolly, where our employees’ personal drive makes all of the difference to the success of our firm. We are always looking for talented individuals seeking exciting opportunities for personal and professional growth. We are pleased to offer competitive salaries with a comprehensive benefits plan.
Below are current career opportunities with Skillings Connolly.
Skillings Connolly, Inc. has immediate openings for Surveyors at their corporate office in Lacey, WA.
Under the direction of a Professional Land Surveyor, the successful candidates must have experience with:
+ Knowledge of the concepts, principles, theories, and methods used in the measurement or determination of land boundaries, distances, elevations, areas, angles, and other features of the earth’s surface.
+ Must demonstrate strong computer skills; training in drafting, cartography, or GIS, and formal training in surveying, surveying technology and engineering technology. Experience with Civil 3D is a plus.
+ Ability to operate Robotic Total Stations, GPS and data collectors.
+ A minimum of 5 years of responsible working experience.
+ Must have and maintain a valid Washington State Driver’s License with clean record.
+ LSIT is a plus.
The work of this position requires occasional travel. Travel may be for the day, overnight, or extended overnight. The positions are full-time with salary DOQ.
Please send resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Civil Design Engineer
Skillings Connolly, Inc. has an immediate opening for an experienced Civil Design/Project Engineer at their corporate office in Lacey, WA.
Under direction of a professional engineer, or as a professional engineer the candidate will provide the design of public works projects. The successful candidate will have a minimum of three years of experience in one or more of the following types of discipline areas: transportation, illumination, and signal design; water distribution, treatment, pumping and storage; sanitary sewer collection, pumping and treatment; stormwater collection, and treatment, basin studies; salmon passage hydraulics and design; civil site design, grading and drainage.
The candidate must have experience in:
+ Preparation of plans, specifications and estimates;
+ Preparation of engineering reports
+ Preparation of comprehensive water, sewer, and stormwater planning documents
+ Be well versed in AutoCAD, Civil 3D, Stormwater modeling software, Water network modeling software; traffic modeling software
+ Be well versed in WSDOT Standard Specifications, and the LAG Manual
The successful candidate will have a Bachelors Degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited engineering program and be a licensed professional engineer or EIT, in the state of Washington or have the ability to obtain the license. The position is full-time with salary DOQ.
Please send resume to: email@example.com
AutoCAD Drafter / Engineer Technician
Immediate opening for AutoCAD drafter / Engineer Technician with minimum 4-years’ progressive experience with civil drafting. Must have knowledge of “Civil 3D”, and the development of construction documents. Microstation a plus. Must be able to perform basic engineering design using CADD with supervision. Graduate of technical school or community college a plus. Salary DOQ.
Please send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
General Job Description:
Skillings Connolly, Inc is a civil and environmental engineering firm headquartered in Lacey, WA for 36 years. We are seeking a full-time Proposal Manager to join our Marketing team to work collaboratively with our Business Development Manager, Principals, Project Managers, and Design Leaders in pursuit of public and private projects involving engineering design, construction management, land survey, and environmental services.
The position consists of taking the lead role in strategic preparation of marketing material and project proposals in support of company-wide business development. These efforts require the ability to think critically and creatively, perform independent research, and provide a high level of technical writing. The successful candidate is a highly organized individual with the ability to engage with clients and staff at all levels in a fast paced, deadline driven environment. The ability to perform to project schedules and work under deadlines with diplomacy is essential.
Essential Job Function(s):
- Coordinate, develop, and produce Statements of Qualifications, RFP/RFQ responses, proposal materials, and other related project-pursuit documents
- Analyze RFP requirements to determine the most comprehensive, strategic, and responsive submission possible
- Collaborate with engineers to extract, understand, write, and edit technical information
- Review and identify advertised announcements matching Skillings Connolly’s strategic targets
- Along with other Marketing staff, maintain collateral materials, project records, and proposal components
- Provide graphic design for print and web materials
- Assist in trade show planning, registrations, and outreach strategy
- Serve as an integral member of a marketing team, participating as needed in additional departmental activities, such as web site maintenance/updates, social media, survey responses, research, and other duties as needed
(Note: This is not a graphic design position, although candidate will prepare documents that incorporate both text and graphics in accordance with established company standards.)
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Comfortable leading diverse proposal teams, facilitating meetings, and overseeing the work of others
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment with the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities effectively
- Demonstrates excellent customer service and communication skills and ability to remain composed in stressful situations
- Displays positivity, flexibility, and energy
- Exhibits knowledge of technical proposal preparation
- Able to strategically synthesize pursuit details and client needs with company qualifications and technical project approach write-ups to develop persuasive proposals and interview presentations
- Understands clients, teams, and competitive landscape in the region
- Shows a keen eye for details and the ability to perform careful reviews and fatal-flaw edits
- Demonstrated commitment to company values, mission and vision
- Proficient with Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop and Microsoft Office products including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Marketing, Communications, Business Administration, Public Administration, or similar
- Minimum 5 years of hands-on marketing experience in a corporate environment
- Experience in the A/E/C industry desirable
- Strong interest in learning and curiosity about engineering
Please submit a resume including three professional references and a letter of interest detailing how your qualifications meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed above.
We know a job is not just about the work, it is about the culture, values, and environment around you. Skillings strives to be bold, creative, and highly responsive to our clients. Our motivated team works hard to serve our clients needs and provide essential engineering and environmental services to our communities. We also believe that work should also be fun. We celebrate our successes, laugh and enjoy our work and each other. Skillings is a supportive employer focused on family values. Come join our team!
Didn’t see what you’re looking for?
We do our best to post job openings, but they may not be exactly what you’re looking for. Contact us today and let us know who you are and what you are looking for. We look forward to speaking to you about joining our team of consulting engineers, designers, environmental scientists, surveyors, administrative personnel, accountants, marketers, and more!